Friday, October 6, 2023

Stay Away From Sabrent USB 3.1 to SSD / 2.5 Inch Sata Hard Drive Adapter if you use macOS Ventura

 Sabrent, shame on you. This product will RUIN your macOS HFS+ formatted SSD: 

SABRENT USB 3.1 (Type A) to SSD / 2.5 Inch SATA Hard Drive Adapter

Utter crap. I LOST ALL THE DATA on a 4TB TG Vulcan SSD just by connecting the drive to my Mac Mini using this piece of junk.

It will blink for an entire minute or two and then your SSD will become unmountable and unreadable, the entire structure will be destroyed, Disk Utility will not be able to fix it, you'll have to erase/reformat, and your data will be GONE forever.

Do not Use this Sabrent adapter on Mac mini M1 2020, macOS Ventura 13.6

I troubleshoot this by reformatting my SSD, plugging it to my regular dock, and all was well.

Then I plugged it again using this sorry device, SAME THING HAPPENS! Blinks for a whole minute, doesn't mount, corrupts the entire SSD, impossible to repair using Disk Utility. Had to reformat it once more.

I always have a backup of my data, so I didn't loose any work, but you've been warned. I will return this defective product to Amazon today.

No comments:

Post a Comment