Friday, October 13, 2023

Hello Apple?! Final Cut Pro is 2x SLOWER at Exporting than Premiere or Resolve! Do something!

 I'm upset because I thought I just discovered that Final Cut Pro 10.6.10 on Ventura was exporting slower than usual, and I wanted to blame the updates.

So I went back to Monterey and Final Cut Pro 10.6.8, and guess what? Slow as well!!

If you read my previous post about Final Cut Pro being TWICE AS SLOW as Premiere or Resolve on export, this is more bad news.

I did the same test exporting a 75min ProRes file to h264 on Monterey and Final Cut Pro 10.6.8, it took 20min as well, just like Final Cut Pro 10.6.10 on Ventura. So it's not the os, or if it is then things have been bad since Monterey, and it's not the last FCP update since two generations backward is just as slow.

I wasn't aware that Final Cut Pro had become slow at exporting, and that it's been for some time. Or is it that both Premiere and Resolve have jumped forward so much they've both radicalizing Apple and are now the champs of export speed?

I guess the rapid cycle of updates from both Adobe and BlackMagic Design is not just snot and fluff, it looks like it working.

Apple it's your flagship app, on your hardware! On your os!!! Fuck Final Cut Pro on iPad, make this desktop app the fastest! It has to be faster than Premiere, faster than Resolve.

You are loosing ground at our expense, your are being lazy and complacent, I don't get it Apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment