Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Adobe Premiere And Media Encoder Are Totally UNRELIABLE On Apple M1 Silicon macOS Monterey

 Premiere 22.6.2 and Media Encoder 22.6.1 have been pissing me off for the past few weeks. I had to take over this project that was started in Premiere, and I have experienced problems after problems with Sony MP4 and GoPro footage.

Image tearing up randomly, no matter what I try, it happens one way or the other. Premiere or Media Encoder, Silicon or Intel version, GPU, no GPU, Hardware accel, not accel, whatever I try, nothing works and I end up with tears and macro blocking on export.

I finally got fed up and transcoded everything to Apple ProRes. It's just 10 x the media size, whatever.

 Guess what. Freaking AME teared random images in the middle of random clips! I kid you not, this is not even edited, this is a raw MP4 clip from a Sony camera, transcoded to ProRes with AME.

And this is happening, at random:

What on earth is going on Adobe? Look at this macro blocking! Two minutes into a 10 minutes clip. This total crap goes on for a full 30 frames!!! An entire second of media screwed by Adobe.

This is a second attempt at the same transcode. Perfect. Wait, what???


Conclusion: Adobe is not ready for Silicon M1 Macs. Do not use Premiere or AME for reliable operation if you are on a Silicon Mac with Monterey.

Adobe, FIX THIS NOW!  And don't tell me it's Apple's fault. FCP and Resolve work reliably with MP4 footage. There is zero reason why this is happening but your laziness. At this point you should give me money to use your a$$ software, not the other way around.


No comments:

Post a Comment