Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Holly Molly!!  Pro Video Formats update from Apple today! Version 2.1.2

Final Cut Pro update next?? Soon... ??!! TODAY!! FCP 10.4.9 update for Mojave and Catalina.

Link to Pro Video Formats 2.1.2 on Apple.com is also here: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL2050?locale=en_US
Doesn't look so different from 2.1.1, "Canon" name dropped from the XF-HEVC codec, no mention of MXF this time.

If you want to know which version is installed on your computer, follow Apple's instructions: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207249

I have multiple versions on mine, probably because I have a backup disk currently connected, so it shows all the old versions as well. Most current 2.1.1.
What's new in the App Store?

Final Cut Pro X 10.4.9, Motion 5.4.6 and Compressor 4.4.7 updates! That's what!


1 comment:

  1. Apple Pro Video Formats v2.1.2 broke my exports settings for Avid Media Composer v2019.12.2 on Mojave v10.14.6, I had to brute force the installation back to v2.1.1 because I couldn't export Apple ProRes videos from Avid. Also, FCPX 10.4.9 has been installed in my Mac with Mojave, no need to jump to Catalina.

    ReplyDelete