Thursday, May 3, 2018

FCPX drives me crazy with the stupid TIMELINE behavior! Apple please FIX THIS ASAP!!!

FCPX has a weird way to load whatever it pleases into the Timeline on opening a Library. This behavior SUCKS!

What sucks even more is when you are working under the gun and have a group of audio stems and need to do some subtle mix adjustments, to say the music - happens all the time, always at the last minute, right when I need to export my Master ASAP and be done already!!!

INSTEAD of opening the proper Group or Compound Clip, FCPX opens whatever old / other Compound from an old Snapshot opened at RANDOM on Startup!

At this point I have TWO different Compound Clips with the same name in the Timeline.

In FCPX the Timeline is TOO EASILY populated with CRAP that I cannot close or organize in a meaningful way.

There I said it, this is my number one gripe with FCPX.

So I do to alter my Music Stem in my Compound Clip and it does not reflect in my Project. Why? Because it's the WRONG one!

But which is which? No way to tell but to Click on the damn Timeline Arrow and then see... that it belongs to an old Snapshot. Aaaargl!!!

- Why is this even loaded in the Timeline?
- Why can't I get rid of it?

So not intuitive.

I have to CLOSE the Library completely, re-open it -and by the way FCPX finds it's great to load the Timeline with... a random Compound Clip instead of the Project I need to work on. Great!

Then I need to load the actual Project, and Right+Click on my Audio Stems Compound to "Open Clip" and load it into the second "tab" or whatever you call this of the Timeline.

Poof! for some reason FCPX closes the other one this time... go figure? FINALLY, it opens the proper Stems. Oh boy...

Alright so, please Apple, make this Timeline navigation snafu a thing of the past, you know what we want already, we have commented on this for years.

Give us a FREAKING HISTORY ala Adobe. We need a History of the Timeline with the capability to ORGANIZE our Projects and Clips, and a CLEAR LABELLING of things so we can order them, delete them, etc.

Just add this to the Index and be done already.

Is it too much to ask?

IS IT!??

No comments:

Post a Comment