Thursday, January 7, 2016

"Inactive" Waves AU Plug-ins cripple FCPX with constantly popping message window

I need to work on a project started a while ago, and to do so I am loading an old FCPX Library.  Back then I used a couple of Waves plug-ins to finalize the project.
The computer I'm using today does not have the Waves license activated and FCPX constantly pops a window with the message:
 (imagine... X 100)

Plug-in # does not have a license. Please check that you have a valid license, then click "Rescan Licenses".   To continue without Plug-in #, click "Skip".

Well man, I'm clicking "Skip" like a madman, but the creeping message keeps coming back, and back and back and back and back and back and back and back and back and back and back and back and back.  What the hell is this?????

OK so after clicking XXX times on "Skip" (OK hold ESC instead to go through this ordeal faster)  I finally get to select my clips and from here I should be able to DELETE the freaking Plug-ins from the Inspector... Yes!
NOT without having to click "Skip" another hundred times... Oh lord... I see what it's doing, I have a hundred clips that have the plug-in added, so it's popping the damn window for EACH instance of the Plug-in... Lovely.

Popping ONCE would be enough don't you think Waves? You are disabling the Plug-ins anyway, so what's the use of constantly popping a message window?  I get it, the license is not activated on this machine, yes I want to Skip, do I have to say it a hundred of times?

Enough already!  Please fix this behavior that's jacking up our blood pressure. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment