Thursday, April 9, 2015

FCPX (10.1.4 and 10.2) bug with stills in a Storyline, with Ken Burns applied

I have a problem where I have a few pictures with the Ken Burns effect applied to them, and I put these few photos in a Storyline.

Then at some point I have to retouch one photo in Photoshop, maybe to crop it, apply some effect, whatever, and then I save the photo.

When I go back to FCPX, the picture externally retouched in Photoshop updates fine in the Timeline, but it's reduced in size in the frame, and FCPX similarly screws all the other pictures contained in the same Storyline, they are all smaller in the frame than they were before.

The workaround is to Lift the stills from the Storyline, at which point they come back to their normal size, and then put them back into a new Storyline.

It's really annoying, and it still is present in FCPX 10.2. Can you fix this bug please, Apple?

It's a problem that I also have with Motion Templates in a Storyline. If I tweak the Template in Motion, then come back to FCPX, it's sized down in the Storyline... Same workaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment