Monday, March 21, 2016

Alleluia! Me Avid MC (8.5.1) is finally working as it should! (For now.)

The license snafu (http://humanuser.blogspot.com/2016/01/really-avid.html) has been FIXED! Or so it seems, since I can now start MC 8.4.5 8.5.1 with my OWN system ID and Activation #.  Alleluia!!

Application Manager 2.5.2.160 seems to be working as it should!  Previously I had to go to my Avid Master Account, (http://humanuser.blogspot.com/2015/11/avid-media-composer-842-upgrade-like-pro.html) to find the installer and download it to my computer, since clicking "Update" was not working.

Now, I click "Update", and off it goes!  It's downloading now, we'll see if it goes through.

Yes it did, ah!  Unlike Adobe Creative Cloud, AM does it in two steps, ONE it downloads the img installer inside:  Boot/Library/Cahces/Avid/AppManager/Downloads, then TWO you must click "Install", which simply runs the img installer.  OK, fine.

And... Done!  Good to go!  MC 8.5.1 installed, up and running, finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment