Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Avid Media Composer 8.4.5 ... License snafu. Really Avid? Really?

Dowloaded AMC 8.4.5 installer just fine, no lost connection this time, but when I try to launch the app, I get the message: "This Software was released past your contract expiration date (1/12/15) Please go to Avid Support Website for more details."
Really AVID?  Really?

Update:
Allright, after a couple of hours on and off the phone with Avid Cust Rep, we fixed the App Manager wrong date, good, now it's the same as my Master Account, cool.  On the other hand, no go on launching MC 8.4.5.  Same message... Really?

They got me a temporary license, since mine can't work at the moment and is being "investigated" by Avid.  Whoa!  Sounds like a noir movie.

I should get my license working again in a day or two.  We'll see.

1 comment:

  1. fmaurin,

    Please tell, what was the remedy for overcoming the license snafu? I'm having the same MC 8.8 will not launch "This Software was released past your contract expiration date" problem with MC 8.8.

    ReplyDelete