Monday, March 27, 2017

How do you like your current Adobe Creative Cloud subscription?

I'm currently a CC subscriber. I started a few years ago with a $39.99 /mo discount, that automatically turned into $49.99 /mo after the first year.

I wasn't too happy about that, talked to Adobe and I got a second year at $39.99 as a "Black Friday Special". After these two years, the subscription turned into the current regular price of $49.99 /mo and I was out of option for a special discount.

Well, the thing is I'm not too happy about this situation... At $39.99 /mo it's $479.88 /year which I feel is a fair price for what I'm getting.

At $49.99 /mo that's now $599.88 /year which is a bit steep. I would be OK to pay $499.99 for the year, but not more. Currently I pay $99.88 more /year than I am confortable paying.



What to do though? I can't use any Special anymore, seems like Adobe are out of discounts for us current users. If you are a new user, you can occasionally get the $39.99 entry price, but after that, nada.

My primary NLE is FCPX, I probably use it 50% of the time. Then I use Premiere maybe 40% of the time, and MC 10% of the time (at best.)

In addition to Premiere, I use Media Encoder heavily. Then I often find myself firing-up After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition for specific tasks that I know how to do quickly and efficiently in these apps.

I have no use for any other Adobe CC app as it is. So I pay $49.99 for ALL APPS (25 of them) but I use only 6. That's only 1/4th of the apps count and I'm not counting the iOS apps. Actually, I'm also using Portfolio (out of laziness to just set up a proper website.)


Anyway, I certainly wonder why I need to pay for all the other stuff I'm not using. Now If I only pay for single apps, it's obviously more at 6 X $19.99 = $119.94 /mo. This does not fly at all. I wish Adobe would offer more plans in addition to the $9.99 Photoshop, $19.99 Single App, and $49.99 all apps.

How about $9.99 Single App, $19.99 four apps, $29.99 eight apps, $39.99 sixteen apps, $49.99 all apps? Even better, add the option to scale up or down at will during the 12 month period. Too confusing? Too complicated to implement?

Would you like that? I would!


No comments:

Post a Comment