Tuesday, June 3, 2014

FCPX Missing Media

Today for the first time I got missing Media in FCPX. And with SD material at that, a first for me in FCPX.

Also the audio sample rate shows 6kHz instead of 48kHz. That's fucked-up.

---
Actually I'm not sure how to name this phenomenon, since I tried to Relink these missing files, and the Relink Window shows NOTHING selecting either "Missing" or "All".

I any case the clip is there in the Browser, it's there in the Timeline, but it's EMPTY.

There is no info except for Name/Start/End/Duration in the Browser nor in the Inspector. Everything else is empty, but the "container" is there.

---
Got nowhere trying to Relink, so I re-imported the Media, and that WORKED.
It "populated" the previously "empty" clip in both the Browser and the Timeline.

The info for the clip is back in the Browser and in the Inspector.

Incidentally that duplicated the clip, now present twice in the Browser. Still the "gone missing" clip shows incorrect SR at 6kHz, but the re-imported Media/Clip displays the correct SR. So I "Move to Trash" the old clip and now everything is back to normal.

---
Note: I remember having the "Remove silent channels" option turned ON in the Import windows, there might be a bug with this. I made sure to turn it OFF before re-importing.

---
Note2: After re-importing, my audio was still EMPTY - I had several tracks of audio in the clips, but they were all turned OFF except for one.

I had to turn a second track ON and OFF again in the Inspector in order for FCPX to have the audio come back in my single track in the Clip and the Timeline.

---
Have you ever experienced something similar?





No comments:

Post a Comment