Thursday, October 19, 2017

Adobe Creative Cloud 2018 Individual Apps Installers - No more - Now Dolby AC3, MTS is missing

Adobe CC 2018 is here!  Wait... It's still 2017. Oh well, Adobe Apps still look like it's 1983.

Update from the Adobe CC App Manager, or download individual installers from this Adobe page: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-apps-download.html

UPDATE:

1) As of 10-31-17 Adobe has removed these individual installers links from their webpage. Only update option now is through the App Manager.

2) There seem to be some sneaky business going on as Adobe removed Dolby AC3  from Media Encoder 2018 without telling users - all the while raising their subscription price, thank you. Shameful non-communication on Adobe's part.

Possible workaround to bring back Dolby codecs to AME 2018 here. (Update: this page has been deleted by Adobe - Thanks!)

If you are upgrading, be safe and deselect the Remove Old Versions option. Although there is no guarantee it will keep the Dolby Codec in place.  Any user can confirm this?

On my other machine, I have Encore CS6 (the last available version) with Media Encoder CS6, so the Dolby options are still there in the old version of AME, but I wonder if I install 2018, will it be gone from CS6 as well?  I don't want to risk it.

UPDATE:

Dolby is still there in AME CS6 after the 2018 upgrade. I paid attention to not Remove Old Versions of AME. I also re-installed AME 2017 on my other machine, and AC3 is back on it as well. Crisis avoided. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment