Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop App for Mac OsX Yosemite quits on install

Adobe Creative Cloud app was showing an update, so I clicked on Install from the App itself, but it repeatedly failed to install and quit. That was trying to install Version 3.7.0.272 released on 06/13/2016. First time this happens to me.

So I ended up starting in Safe Mode (shut-down, wait 10sec., start, wait for the chime, press and hold the Shift key.)  Your Mac will display Safe Mode on the top right in red.

After that I went to Adobe CC install page and singed-in and clicked download to download the installer and I followed the instructions.

It installed fine, and after restart Adobe CC App was up and running, with the latest update.

Weird thing, is that Adobe CC App is not present in the Application Folder as it used to be.  Only the uninstaller is.  Also, CC does not display Apps properly, for example I have Illustrator installed, but it does not list Illustrator under the Installed Apps tab.

Something's up...

No comments:

Post a Comment