Friday, August 8, 2014

FCPX (10.1.3) Error: "This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera"

For some unknown reason I ran into this error when I wanted to Share my cut. (File / Share / Master File.)

FCPX would not Share, I was stuck.  I never encountered this after months of editing, and never had a problem with Importing.

The solution was to go to: File / Import / Re-Import from Camera Archive.

FCPX automatically found and re-imported the files that needed to be imported, and the error went away, I was able to Share without problem.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera fcpx fix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this folder called "Original Media", which contained all of the editing files. Since FCPX said my files still referencing camera, so I thought this folder could be the reason. I copied all the files from this folder to a new location, and delated this Original Media folder. Of course all the files was missing on my time line. Then I tried to re-import, it's not working. it's still not be able to share DVDs or mov file after I relinked files.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same problem.

      Delete
  3. Thanks mhan..... You rock.. It works... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have the reimport option, any help?

    ReplyDelete